How assign media to your stage
Once you have created a stage, you can add media that you have uploaded and want to use on that stage along with the live tools such as drawing, text and streams. The previous chapters have explained how to create and upload media that can be avatars, props, backdrops and audio files for use in a cyberformance.
There are three ways to assign media to a stage:
- during upload
- from the Media Management interface
- from the Stage Management interface.
See the chapter Upload Media for information about how to assign media to a stage during the upload process.
Assign media that has already been uploaded
Once a media item has been uploaded to UpStage, you can assign it to your stage from either the Media Management interface or the Stage Management interface.
From Media Management
- In the Backstage, click on "Media" in the top menu bar. You will see the Media list.
- Locate the media item you want by entering the media name in the search box, or by using the filters in the left-hand menu to limit the list to specific media types and / or players.
- Click on the green pencil icon at the right-hand side. The Media Management window opens.
- Click on the "Stage" tab at the upper left. You will see a list of the stages that you own or have been given edit access to, and that you can assign this media item to.
- Hover the cursor over a stage name; it will be highlighted in green, with a white plus (+) icon.
- Click on it and the stage will move to the right-hand list, which shows the stages that this media item is assigned to.
- Click "Save" in the bottom right corner.
From Stage Management
- In the Backstage, click on "Stages" in the top menu bar. You will see the Stages list.
- Locate the stage to which you want to assign media to; use the search box if you don't see the stage you want.
- Click on the green cog icon in the "Manage Stage" column. The Stage Management interface opens.
- Click on "Media" in the left-hand navigation. Select the type of media and / or the player who uploaded it to filter the list, or use the search box to find the media item you want.
- Hover the cursor over a media item; it will be highlighted in green, with a white plus (+) icon.
- Click on it and it will move to the right-hand list, which shows the media that is assigned to this stage.
- Click "Save" in the upper right corner.
Remove media from a stage
It's good practice to remove any media from your live stage that you do not need for a performance. The stage will load faster, and you will find it easier to locate the media you want in the on-stage tools.
To unassign, or remove, media from a stage:
- in the Media Management window, click on the stage name in the right-hand column. Doing so will move it back to the left-hand column.
- in the Stage Management interface, click on the media icon in the "Selected Media" column, which will move it back to the "Available Media" column.
- Again, remember to save.
Unassigning media from a stage does not delete it from the server, only from that stage. The media item will still be on other stages that it may be assigned to, and available in the media list to be reassigned at any time.
The drop-down menu above the media column allows you to filter media by type (avatar, prop, backdround, stream, audio) and by players. To link the medium to your internship, click on the medium in question.
A green rectangle slides over to indicate that it is well selected. The media is then displayed in the right column.
Once all your media are attached, click on Save. These media are now available in your Stage!